In the unforgettable words of Forrest Gump, “Mama always said: Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”
Lately I’ve been thinking life is more like a box of crosswords. If you’ve ever tackled one, you know what I mean. Rarely can we work straight through a puzzle. More often than not, we fill in some squares and then set it aside. Here’s what’s interesting: when you pick up the puzzle again and reread the clues, you wonder how you overlooked the obvious. I believe that’s what’s been happening to many in the past few years.
We’ve been receiving clues above, on, and below the earth’s surface, but most of us just haven’t put it all together to solve a very particular puzzle, referenced in the Book of Revelation.
“Revelation 12:1-2 A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2 She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth.”
Sounds wild, right? Let me try to explain.
Signs above the earth: here are some dramatic dates that focus on the Hebrew roots of end-time prophecy:
1) 4/15/2014 First of four consecutive blood moons (“tetrad”) that fall on Jewish feasts. Occurred on Passover.
2) 10/8/2014 Lunar eclipse on Sukkot, or Feast of Tabernacles, relating to harvest time.
3) 3/20/2015 Total Solar eclipse on the first of Nisan, religious new year.
4) 4/4/2015 Blood moon on Passover.
5) 9/28/2015 Lunar eclipse (Super Moon) on Sukkot
6) 9/23/2017 50 years (Year of Jubilee) from the formation of the State of Israel. The King planet, Jupiter, which normally just passes through the constellation Virgo, has been in retrograde motion, circling round and round like a baby in the womb, for nine months—the length of time for human gestation—will finally exit Virgo on this day.
On the same day–September 23–one week from today:
7) 9/23/2017: A comet termed a “Jupiter Family Comet” (again, Jupiter representing the King), singled out by the European Space Agency, will be in conjunction with the moon, passing by the foot of Virgo. If it’s a coincidence, it’s a remarkable one, because remember it was in ’67 that Israel became a state, and the comet’s named “Comet67P.”
8) Planet X, or Nibiru. If this is new to you, you may want to educate yourself about what astronomers and government officials have been talking about for years. A fly-by of this object, with its gravitational pull, could explain weather changes, sinkholes, massive hurricanes, earthquakes, and tsunamis.
Luke 21:11 “There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.
Signs on the earth: There are numerous examples around the world of devastating hurricane damage, tsunamis, cyclones, etc. The United States is still reeling from the stunning impact of Harvey and Irma.
Signs under the earth: The earth has always suffered earthquakes, but their magnitude and frequency worldwide has become alarming. Indonesia, Italy, Haiti, are prime examples, and earlier this month an 8.1 struck Mexico.
Is Florida next? In July 2017, local news channels covered reports from locals about shaking and rumbling that were thought to be earthquakes in Flagler County.
Or California? Immune psychologically to frequent quakes, locals became concerned last New Year’s Eve when a swarm of 250 temblors hit Brawley, 95 miles southeast of Palm Springs. You can read the article in the Washington Post.
In the years I’ve been blogging, I’ve written travelogues, explored relationships, and posted book reviews. Not very controversial. I’ve never written a piece like this one. Was it scary for me, in terms of what reaction I might receive? A little. Was there a chance I wouldn’t do it? None.
In July, I attended a Tony Robbins “Unleash the Power Within” conference in the New York Metropolitan area. If you walk barefoot on live coals, temperature 2000 F, you realize you can put fear behind you when there’s enough motivation. And I’m motivated.
When Forrest Gump asks, “What’s my destiny, Mama?” she responds, “You’re gonna have to figure that out for yourself.”
What about you? What will be your destiny? This is not a time for fear, but for preparation. I urge you to pick up the New Testament today and to read the Gospel of John. As you do, ask God to open your eyes and ears and heart to hear the truth of His Word.
Finally, “The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace.” (Numbers 6:24-26)